- What information is collected from me?
- Information Sharing Disclosure – How is my information used and shared?
- How can I access and change my information?
- How is my information protected?
- Online Behavioral Advertising (OBA) — Information
- Effective Date and Modifications
- Contacting Us
Automatic Collection of Information: Like many Web sites or media on or using the Internet, we automatically track certain information about you as you visit and use our Sites to help us (i) better understand, offer, operate, improve and modify the Sites, (ii) better understand how the Sites are used and experienced and (iii) enhance, or better understand how we can enhance, your or others overall experience on one or more of the Sites, including providing advertising and other information that is relevant to you. This tracked or automatically gathered information may include, among other things, your computer’s IP address (Internet Protocol address), identification number or location, the URLs and Site pages you’ve visited, sections of or content on Site pages on which you click or in which you are interested, the number of times you visit each Site page, what downloads and/or search queries you have made, how long you spent on particular sections of each Site and on each Site generally, and information about your computer, browser or operating system type. This automatically gathered data includes information provided through the use of “cookies” (which is described in more detail below).
Information from Cookies: Cookies are small files that we send to and store on your computer so that we can recognize it as a unique machine the next time you visit the Sites. You are always free to decline any cookies we use if your browser permits. Some of our advertisers and third-party service providers may also utilize their own cookies. In addition, we and our service providers sometimes use “clear GIFs” in connection with cookies and other website functions. Clear GIFs perform administrative functions without detracting from your online experience. They may be used to perform statistical and administrative tasks including measuring site and page traffic, verifying advertising avenues and positioning images on the web. Clear GIFs are not designed to collect Personal Information.
The use of information about you depends on the context in which it is collected. Therefore, pay special attention to the categories below that relate to the features of the Sites that you wish to utilize.
We may share the Personal Information we collect from you with your consent or under the following circumstances or understandings.
- We may use other companies and individuals (1) to perform supporting functions for the various tools, functionality, information, products and services offered through our Sites on our behalf, (2) to perform or support various tasks or initiatives instrumental to the business of, or related to operating or improving, the Sites or (3) to assist us in testing, maintaining or improving the features, content or effectiveness of the Sites or in performing research or development. These service providers may be permitted to receive from us and use information collected from you but will not be authorized by us to use Personal Information for any other purpose other than in connection with performing the support functions for Saint Paul Companies, Inc. or such other tasks, initiatives or assistance for or expressly permitted by Saint Paul Companies, Inc.
User-Initiated Communication: From time to time, portions of the Sites may enable you to send email and other types of messages to us or to third parties and to participate in bulletin boards and discussion groups. All such emails and messages, and all such postings to bulletin boards and discussion groups, become our property once you submit them. Your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address may be included in any email that you send, whether to us or to third parties. Whenever you choose to initiate these kinds of communication with us, or anyone else, you may be contacted in return. Also, remember that our bulletin boards and discussion groups are open to the public, and, therefore, your postings can be seen by anyone and are not protected by us or any other entity. Please use your own discretion when deciding whether and what to post and whom to contact. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to edit or delete postings from our bulletin boards and discussion groups. This reservation of rights shall not under any circumstances obligate us to conduct such edits or deletions, nor shall it cause us to be liable for any such edits or deletions.
Referrals: If you participate in any referral service we may offer:
- Consumers: We may use the information you submit to determine which of our participating Professional(s) may be able to serve your needs or possible interests. We may forward information relating to you, which may include Personal Information obtained through our sign-up form or otherwise, to certain Professional(s). Those Professionals or their affiliates, contractors, advertisers, agents or other designees may contact you regarding your needs or possible interests, as may we ourselves. The following paragraph applies only to Professionals; others may not infer any commitments or assurances from such following paragraph.
Asset transfers: We continue to develop our business and in doing so might choose to buy or sell businesses or assets. Personal Information and other information we collect from you is generally one of the assets acquired or transferred in such transactions.
Registration Information: The Personal Information you provide when you become a registered user or customer of one of the Sites is used primarily to help us customize or enhance your or others’ online experience, increase the convenience of accessing new or existing tools, products and services, and, if applicable, provide the information, features, products and/or services you purchase or request. This Personal Information may also be shared among the Sites to make use of the Sites more convenient by, for example, limiting the number of times you have to register with us. Your email address serves as a unique identifier in our record system, and together with your password is designed to help us prevent unauthorized access to information you choose to store on the Sites. The data you give us about your personal preferences and demographics (e.g., your age, ZIP code, occupation or the like) may be used to help us offer content, advertisements, products, and services that we believe will be of interest to you. In addition, we may share this information, in aggregate or other protected form (see “Information You Give Us,” above) or under confidentiality terms, with our current and potential advertisers and service providers so that they, or we, can present and deliver advertisements more effectively. If you forget your password for any registered area of the Sites, we have an automated password recovery system, which can be accessed by clicking on the “Forgot Password?” link on the sign-in page.
- Consumers: Unless you specify that you’d prefer not to hear from us, we may use the email address you provide at the time of registration to contact you for promotional or other purposes. You may have these communications terminated at any time by opting out through your member profile on the applicable Site, or by clicking on any “unsubscribe” link contained in a promotional email. Please be aware that opting out on one of our Sites, does not opt you out from any of our other Sites unless that option is specifically provided. If you would like to request to opt out with respect to all of the Sites please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your requests. The following paragraph applies only to Professionals; others may not infer any commitments or assurances from such following paragraph.
Saint Paul Companies, Inc. is not restricted as to information, including Personal Information, except as described in this Policy.
Children’s Privacy: Our Sites are general audience Web sites and media. If you are under the age of 13 you should not register or provide information on our Sites. We do not collect Personal Information from any person we actually know is a child under the age of 13. If you have knowledge that a child under the age of 13 has submitted Personal Information to us, please email email@example.com.
Saint Paul Companies, Inc. is not restricted as to non-Personal Information except as described in this Policy.
To view, edit or delete the Personal Information that you submitted on the Sites during registration or during the purchase of a product or service, or that you otherwise submitted as described above:
- Consumers: Follow the instructions found in the “My Profile” or “Edit Your Profile” area of the Site(s) where you registered or submitted Personal Information. If you would like us to no longer use or share with our affiliates, partners or other service providers, Personal Information we may gather from you to market information to you, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. The following paragraph applies only to Professionals; others may not infer any commitments or assurances from such following paragraph.
- Professionals: Professionals may edit Personal Information the Professional has submitted by returning to the area of the Site where the Professional registered and modifying the information there, or by calling our Customer Care Center at (651)253-0003 . By contacting Customer Care to make such changes, Professionals expressly authorize Customer Care to access Personal Information and any associated data or accounts for the purposes of completing the Professional’s requested edits, modifications and/or deletions. This paragraph applies only to Professionals, but does not apply to a Professional to the extent modified in a separate written agreement signed by an authorized officer of Saint Paul Companies, Inc., which agreements may be entered into by Saint Paul Companies, Inc. in its sole discretion and without notice to others.
Any change you request regarding Personal Information may adversely affect or otherwise change the availability, deliverability or quality for you of information, features, products or services in which you are interested or your experience on or relating to the Sites.
Saint Paul Companies, Inc.